12 Ideas for Marketing Strategies on a Budget
Ok, so you need sales – so how to get sales – yep, good marketing, but when you first start up, you can spend all your budget on it if not careful – so below is just some ideas of how to market your business on a budget.
1. How about letting the world or at the very least, your corner of the market all about you and your business. This is where article writing comes in to it – blog about your subject – head over to places such as Bytestart and stick your article on there.
2. Events – use them to market your product or service. Check out all the events that happen throughout the year from public holidays to sporting events – use them to promote your business. What about the latest blockbuster? Can you tie in with that and make some noise?
3. What about a competition? Plug it on facebook/twitter/google plus and of course your website.
4. Blog – one of the best ways to drive traffic to your site – write articles with humour or relevant to what is happening in the news.
5. Stationery – use your business cards to get your message across. Get a tag line thats relevant to your business and use it – make sure it explains what you are about.
6. Testimonials – these remain one of the best ways to get your message across to new or potential customers, but don’t wait for a happy customer to volunteer them – make a point of asking for them.
7. Get to know your local radio station – get in touch and speak to them about that wonderful promotion you are running that coincides with the local event they are plugging etc. Give them a good reason to mention you, without having to pay thousands for an advert.
8. Do a slot! If you are invited to networking groups – see if you can ‘do’ a ten minute slot telling them about you – but do make sure its said with a hint of humour otherwise you will come across as a walking advert!
9. Start a newsletter – collect email address from your website – then send our regular offers or pieces of vital information.
10. When you send out an invoice – have you thought about making an offer on it, so that they come back and buy more from you?
11. Use online business forums – you can then build a reputation.
12. Pick up the phone and make some calls – but not cold calls – calls to those who perhaps didn’t buy yet, or contacts you havn’t spoken to for a while. Never forget – referrals, referrals referrals!!